Saturday, January 10, 2009

" You don’t miss your water till your well runs dry!”

This time last year I was busy up to eyeballs with things to do. It was crunch time, I was busy tying up loose ends and working out hundreds of details for a Girls Night Out fundraiser. I was sleep deprived, feeling overwhelmed and absolutely overworked, yet still pumping with motivation- bursting with enthusiasm and running full throttle. I love running events & I enjoy every aspect from conception to completion.

I have a tendency to gain momentum just as my wick is about to flicker out. I always refuel at the 11th hour-especially when working an event –goal driven for the greater good. Last years event was time & energy consuming, I spent months preparing and I enjoyed every minute of it, especially given the impetus behind it, which was to raise awareness and funding for Ovarian Cancer & Breast Cancer.

These days, I’m without any form of motivation. Several times a day I ask my self “ what’s wrong with me”? Self-shrugs too tired to figure it out, perhaps afraid to find out.

I try to convince myself that it’s been a busy last few months and perhaps I’m just feeling the effects of all the hoopla from Nicole’s wedding. I’m not sure how much longer I can keep up persuading myself of this, especially when I’m not so convinced myself. I do worry that it might be something more. It’s always there- the worry sitting in the wings of all things great & small. Like a Cheshire cat sneering waiting for me to turn my back.

Tonight the well is dry, drink wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened