Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Time & relevance

I've taught myself, rather Cancer has taught me to sort, cipher & distinquish the neccesary from the unneccesary.

This truly is the winter of my discontent. I feel undefined these days. I’m not where I had hoped to be in life nor am I feeling as though I’m on the right track. My to do list is ever growing & my dreams feeling unfulfilled. It’s no ones fault but my own, I’m faced with choices every moment of everyday and always seem to choose to do for others and put myself and my own needs and desires last. In my twenties and thirties I was certain that I’d have time for me, time to work on me, time to develop and embark upon my dreams. I’ve learned time has a way of sneaking up on us especially when not looking forward. When diagnosed at age 38 with stage 3 Ovarian Cancer, I came to realize the relevance of today and the magnitude of tomorrow and more importantly the deficit of yesterday. I feel the need to reclaim my life, the life I had dreamed of and imagined. Hoping to find strength in my own inner weakness.

Conformity or non-conformity? that is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened