Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Spector of Morality" 1996

"Specter Of Mortality"

Clouds sail above me
Like cotton covering pills
The sun goes down on my heart
The avalanche of sacrificing wills
I fuse corrupting poison with evil
Swallowing it into my head
Erecting my hands mirror to deliverance
A tortured ode to chanting dread
With the devil's tongue in my mouth
And God's white glove upon my cheek
I escape the specter of mortality
Eclipsed by the moon the sun is weak
I descend within the dragons mouth
As deaths shadow lurks in the wings
Like emptying the box of cracker jacks
In search of the purest plastic ring
With Pagans and infidels at their post
Extricated from my minds catholic home
Like the fragrance after a rain storm
The cross bleeds ....my hand begins to roam
Crossing over the perils and pitfalls
Into the cellar of galactic desolating hate
The icy tears of yesterdays child still warm
Alas the final confrontation........ I contemplate
Adrift the crossroads of my oasis capturing my eyes rain
Like sending postcards of yesterday to tommorows gate
I hobnob with my sorrow and lionize with my pain
Oblique words and turmoils- wet paint- my muse... my fate
Khristina Lupinacci 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened