Saturday, July 01, 2006

' If Only I was the Rock" 1996

"If Only I Was The Rock"


If only I was the rock instead of the stream

I would be inspired by this paradox

and own my dream

If only to touch for a moment upon my desires

I would ignite the flame of my willful fires

If only courage was my given name

Happiness then would be my fame

If only I could step outside of this realm of pain

My life would no longer be lived in vain

If only I could conquer these brutal fears

I would banish away my endless tears

If only I could separate myself from grief

I would sigh in the sound of my own relief

If only I lived without conflict and strife

I would then be content and satisfied with life

If only I could make the voices cease

I would then live in a world of peace

If only I could stand obscure among the sheep

I would halt the words and get some sleep
Then I could truly proclaim.....

That I am not insane.....

Khristina Lupinacci 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened