Saturday, July 01, 2006

" Don't Pretend to Know Me" 1996

"Don't Pretend To Know Me"


How infernal still the words can be

Potent as poison with such animosity

Filled with nemesis and disdain

My birth , your contemptuous pain

Infallible the trademark you elicitate

Your quest, the relentless pursuit to humiliate

Belligerent, antagonistic, is my wall, my exterior

This wall I have been building since my anterior

My God, can't you see, the coldness

It was your hand, that created my boldness

Your words, infer still that I am deranged

Disillusioned and hopelessly estranged

Ha! Don't pretend to know me, you haven't a clue

Sadly though, I do know you

This image that stands before you, you once hoped to be

How egocentric, to try to deprive this right from me

Childhood wishes and dreams , lasted only moments in a breeze

Hatred and malice ruled my land, my innocence you did seize

In the blackened streets of the Dragon City , a child walked alone

You rejoiced you had back your serpent ,crown, and throne

Bitterness took me by the hand, spite became my will, my fire

Nonconforming, rebellious, raging, was my pill, I did sire

The aftermath of a child, enraged with pain, without a voice

Today, I am the Keeper of my land, with my power of choice

Don't you dare pretend to know me, you haven't a clue

Of my discontent, agony, and whispers tainted blue

You look into my eyes as though they will tell

It's my soul that holds the story , of the belly of my hell

Exiled, into a land unknown

Without a place to call my home

The unanswered questions still roam

They lurk within my every poem

Khristina Lupinacci 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened