Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Specter Of Mortality" 1996

"Specter Of Mortality"

Clouds sail above me

Like cotton covering pills

The sun goes down on my heart

The avalanche of sacrificing wills

I fuse corrupting poison with evil

Swallowing it into my head

Erecting my hands mirror to deliverance

A tortured ode to chanting dread

With the devil's tongue in my mouth

And God's white glove upon my cheek

I escape the specter of mortality

Eclipsed by the moon the sun is weak

I descend within the dragons mouth

As deaths shadow lurks in the wings

Like emptying the box of cracker jacks

In search of the purest plastic ring

With Pagans and infidels at their post

Extricated from my minds catholic home

Like the fragrance after a rain storm

The cross bleeds my hand begins to roam

Crossing over the perils and pitfalls

Into the cellar of galactic desolating hate

The icy tears of yesterdays child still warm

Alas the final confrontation I contemplate

Adrift the crossroads of my oasis capturing my eyes rain

Like sending postcards of yesterday to tommorows gate

I hobnob with my sorrow and lionize with my pain

Oblique words and turmoils wet paint my muse... my fate

Khristina Lupinacci 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened