Saturday, April 18, 2009

Acceptance response


In response to acceptance..


Acceptance, like you and so many others, I sought to find acceptance. I had hoped that by unearthing a sense of acceptance that it would launch me into a realm of greater understanding. Like a compass for my emotional well being, accepting cancer would get me back on life’s track.

Acceptance for each one of us is different, some seek acceptance as though a stepping-stone to what my friend Marylou refers to as ones “ New Normal”. Some implement acceptance so to rebuild their house of cards, others seek a new foundation, looking deeper into the meaning and purpose of cancer. There are some that accept as a form of complacency.

Within the laboratory of my own mind, I mixed and tried on for size many emotional potions, hoping to find the elixir of acceptance. I’ve come to learn, once you begin to move through and beyond the cancer, you will eventually reach that place .


I’ve accepted that I had Cancer, I’ve accepted that I may in fact recur someday, though I don’t hang my hat on it, nor do I nurture the thought too long, for fear I’ll cultivate it into a reality. It’s not a place I dwell, nor do I visit as frequently as I once had. Time has allowed me to evolve from the fear and uncertainty and regain some emotional equilibrium.


Accept & move forward ---these are components of rebuilding toward a happy life.


Wishing you wellness!

Hugs,

and so the journey continues....

Khrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: She has Awakened